|How to Rock Braces and Glasses|
|Publication Date||October 24, 2011|
|Number of Pages||337|
How to Rock Break-Ups and Make-Ups
How to Rock Braces and Glasses is the title of the book that the series is based on. It was written by the author Meg Haston.
Gorgeous, uber-harsh, and uber-stylish, Kacey Simon is the undisputed social dictator of Marquette Middle School. However, an eye infection and a visit to the dentist leave her with Coke bottle glasses, a mouth full of metal, and... a lithhhp! After being dissed and dismissed by her popular friends, Kacey is forced to hang out with a boy who wears skinny jeans and jams in his own band. But as she adjusts to life as a loser, she’s surprised to find that Skinny Jeans is kind of hot, and his band is actually pretty cool. Suddenly, hitting rock bottom feels oddly uplifting. Could rocking braces and glasses be the best thing ever to happen to her?
In this hilarious reversal of the 'cool crowd' versus the 'nerd herd', a popular girl finds herself in 'Loserville' and realizes it’s about time she paid back all the bad karma she built up as Queen Bee.
- Kacey Simon
- Nelson Lund
- Kevin Cho
- Zander Jarvis
- Molly Knight
- Paige Greene
- Liv Parillo (Living Willow Parillo) or as Molly thinks her name is Oliva
- Nessa (Vanessa)
Differences between the book and the show
- In the book, the name of the school is Marquette Middle School.
- Stevie is not mentioned in the book nor in the band. Instead, there is a character who calls himself "the Beat".
- Grace isn't mentioned either.
- In the book, Kacey had an old friend named Paige who helped her out when she lost her popularity. She was removed from the series.
- In the book Molly is a blonde
- In the book, Kacey has three friends,Vanessa, Liv, and Molly. They removed Vanessa and Liv.
- In the book they are not Gravity 5, they are just Gravity.
- In the book, they are only 7th graders